Rosehedge/Multifaith Works Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

CareTeams - Unconditional Friendship

I am very thankful for the moxie of the CareTeam Staff.  I was matched with a CarePartner, an individual living in HIV/AIDS and/or a former chemical dependency, with whom I became fast friends.

I would like to think that my relationship with my Care Partner is unique. I am friends with a man that happens to have AIDS and a former chemical dependency; I am not assisting an HIV+ man. But as I think about the time and attention the CareTeam Staff at Rosehedge/Multifaith Works dedicated to finding the right match, I have the sneaking suspicion that every CareTeam member's relationship is like my own.

Though I have since moved from the Seattle area, my CarePartner and I stay in close touch. Rare is the discussion about his HIV status, our phone calls gravitate towards the mundane: cooking, our families, the weather... Just like any two old friends. I am grateful that he has strong support from his other CareTeam members, but I do miss our time together. Some of our time was spent running errands, visiting food bank or the pharmacy, but we mostly relaxed on his couch, watching TV and shooting the breeze. I am thankful to have another unconditional friendship.

Khalil H.
CareTeam Volunteer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home