Rosehedge/Multifaith Works Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Recovery Coach Training

Recently, I attended a training to be a Recovery Coach for the SHIFT Peer Recovery Program.  I have had an awesome experience going through this training group. I went in the door with several years of experience in recovery, thinking what can I possible learn? There were about 15 men and women from different backgrounds and ages with varied ideas and opinions.

Facilitators Joe Bills and Josh Wallace allowed us to meet each other through open questions and through different exercises.  WOW! I had no idea that I knew so little about healthy boundaries, listening without judgment, and participating in group activities. There was so much open-mindedness not only in the participants but also with the facilitators as well!  That was nice for me because there was no judgment … right or wrong.

The whole week we were all taken care of! We didn’t have to worry about “Anything"!  Joe and Josh made sure we were comfortable with our feelings throughout the week of training.
I would totally recommend this to anyone who knows nothing about the Shift Program and to those who think they know about being an Open, Caring, Listening human being...

I am so grateful for not only what I learned in the training but also the knowing that it works.

Timothy Dean
SHIFT Peer Recovery Coach

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home