Rosehedge/Multifaith Works Blog

Friday, August 5, 2011

Thinking About Becoming a Shanti Volunteer?

Here are some things our volunteers at the summer training had to say about the things they learned, loved, and experienced during the two weekends of training:

•    I learned a lot about empathy and the shared human experience
•    I learned that Shanti volunteers are there to listen and not offer solutions
•    Learning to trust myself
•    I got to see a glimpse of just how powerful this is
•    I learned how stigma can affect different social groups
•    Learning to stop feeling so self-conscious
•    I loved the chemistry of the volunteers and their Shanti Partners [on the panel]
•    I was happy to see real Shanti partnerships and hear their stories
•    I felt validated when I learned that some of my anxieties were not unique
•    I found it very enlightening to hear volunteers and their Shanti Partners talk about their relationship. It became evident that each partnership is unique and has a life of its own
•    I learned the value of self-care and what that might look like for me
•    My check-in partner was very helpful. It’s nice to have positive feedback
•    This was lovely… and has helped me become a better friend/sister/person on this earth
•    Amazing food!

The next training is October 15th, 16th and 22nd, 23rd; two consecutive weekends.

Join us!

Nika Short
Shanti Program Coordinator

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home