Rosehedge/Multifaith Works Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Something To Look Forward To

The SHIFT program for me has been the only Recovery approach that has actually worked for me. For what has seemed to be a lifetime of Drug use and countless failed attempts to quit I was ready for “something” that was going to make the difference.

SHIFT’s Peer facilitated support groups with its “real” intimate atmosphere made all the difference for me.  I was able to share what was really going on with me, with my drug use and with what recovery actually looks like.

Being able to share with others who have had similar stories really helped with the fact that I was not alone in what I was going through.

In early recovery SHIFT offered me a support foundation that was never present in my earlier attempts to quit using.  The multiple options of Peer lead support groups through out the week kept me actively participating in meetings.

For the first time ever I was actually building relationships with those in the recovery community.

SHIFT’s offered me multiple opportunities to get involved through free social events and opportunities to volunteer.  Which helped with confidence building, accountability and just something to look forward to.

SHIFT has been an amazing support system for me and I have so much Gratitude for this approach to recovery.  I don’t think I would have over a year and half of clean time without SHIFT and all of those who make the program so rich. 

Thank you!

Michael H.
SHIFT Recoveree

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home