Rosehedge/Multifaith Works Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

The Magnitude Of Compassion

As a new agency member, I felt honored to be able to attend the two-weekend Shanti trainings. Everyone I had spoken with had a hard time encapsulating the Shanti experience and yet also felt it was one of the more effective ways of understanding the work Rosehedge/Multifaith Works does in the community.

After having gone through the training, I too find it hard to express in words the magnitude of compassion and camaraderie I felt at the end of the two weekends and how proud I now feel to represent Rosehedge/Multifaith Works as an organization.

There are times in the past where I have felt very dismayed by the lack of community in the world today. After meeting over 20 people who were signing up for this level of intimate and compassionate care of a stranger, I felt very hopeful and inspired. And after seeing firsthand the impact human connection can make in another person’s life I was overwhelmingly moved.

Molly Viers said, at the end of the training, that she feels Shanti may very well be the antidote to apathy. I carry that sentiment with me not only when  I consider my role in life, but also every time I speak to another person about my new position and the future of Rosehedge/Multifaith Works.

Elizabeth List
Major Gifts Officer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home