Rosehedge/Multifaith Works Blog

Monday, April 16, 2012

Volunteer Tim

My name is Tim and I’m a current volunteer of Rosehedge/Multifaith Works.  I would like to share my volunteer experience with you. When I first heard about Rosehedge/Multifaith Works, I was working a full-time job and had no idea or thought of giving time to others by volunteering. My life and health took a turn for the worse and I found myself unable to work and dependent on the generosity of volunteers and others.

These days I have a lot of time on my hands and I was looking for a way to fill my time in a positive way.  A friend told me about Rosehedge/Multifaith Works and what they do.  I volunteered the first day and received so many gifts of gratitude and love - gifts I call priceless!  I took a chance on committing to more days and the nice thing is that I’m under no obligation to do anything I’m not comfortable doing.  Actually, I’m not asked to do anything that a paid staff member would not do. I volunteered at a dinner party and I thought the volunteers would be cleaning and scraping dishes. To my surprise, I watched the Executive Director, James, doing dishes himself!

I show up now on a regular basis and sometimes it’s just to talk about my life issues with one of the many listening ears! This surprises me, because there is a lot that needs to be done but Rosehedge/Multifaith Works has shown me that I’m more than a volunteer!  Like I said, my name is Tim and I’m a Proud Volunteer at Rosehedge Multi Faith Works.

Hope to meet you soon.

Tim D.
Volunteer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home