Impressions and Growth: Shanti
• I learned that being myself is good enough.
• I really learned a lot about myself – about my grief and my strengths.
• I achieved a better insight into what I value and how the loss of those things would affect me.
• I learned to trust my inner voice.
• I learned that I am better able to be with someone grieving than I would have thought.
• I learned to be present, in the moment.
• I learned a lot about how Shanti relationships can look like many different things.
• I learned that we are all connected to each other in ways that are not always immediately apparent.
Trainees also summed up what left lasting impressions on them during the 4-day training. They describe parts of their experiences here:
• I’m really impressed with how thoughtful the training is designed.
• I had a lot of positive experiences about how respectfully people engaged in the group setting.
• All of the presenters and facilitators are so open and helpful with knowledge, skills, and heart.
• It was amazing to see how connected we are.
• Small group was EXTREMELY loving and supportive. I felt wonderfully blessed to be so lovingly held amongst a group of people I literally just met.
• I’ve had such a wonderful experience in this training. I just want to say that hearing the Shanti partners talk about their experiences was a revelation and so rewarding!
• I experienced all the facilitators as teaching, listening, and caring from their hearts, which was a great model of Shanti and also a great gift.
• I really enjoyed the Shanti Partners and their volunteers sharing about their relationships.
• I loved the training and feel blessed to have experienced it!
Consider applying for the next Shanti training on April 14th, 15th, 21st, & 22nd, 2012!